Browse around and leave a comment! I don't bite. (Unless you're a troll. Trolls are tasty...)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Published May 27th 2010 by Definitions
432 pages
Source: Borrowed

This is the story of a boy and a girl, a brother and a sister, who woke up every morning to neglect and were shoved the responsibilities of parenthood. This is the story of their love.

Sigh...

Despite the controversial subject that Forbidden explores, I found myself rooting for Locchan and Maya as they struggled with the reality of society's view on their relationship. Yes, I did feel twinges of disgust -- perhaps I'm not as open-minded as I thought I was, although I guess this situation isn't really about open-mindedness at all. But the way Suzuma described the two, through changing perspectives of first person, immerses the reader completely and justifies the main characters' actions somehow.

Although why. Just why oh why oh why, Ms. Suzuma. Why did you... Couldn't you have somehow...

Forbidden is going to leave you feeling kind of hollow inside.

Rating: 4.5
between delightfully scrumptious and incomprehensibly awesome
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...