Browse around and leave a comment! I don't bite. (Unless you're a troll. Trolls are tasty...)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Published April 5th 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry
424 pages
Series: The Mortal Instruments #4
Source: Borrowed

To say that I started this book on the wrong footing would be an understatement.

1) For some peculiar reason (curiosity?), I decided to read the status updates of this review before I started. Very bad idea. -.-
2) I've also always been under the assumption that City of Glass would be the end of The Mortal Instruments, but well, you know, I guess not...
3) I read the last TMI book in 8th grade, which wasn't that long ago. It is, however, long enough for me to have read a ton of other books and realize that maybe this series wasn't that amazing after all.

My experience in a nutshell: It felt like Ms. Clare was grasping at straws in this book. I liked the first 3 books well enough, but City of Fallen Angels had a messy plot and a too convenient resolution. I will be gritting my teeth and finishing the entire series (which has now been extended to 6 books) since I always feel inclined to finish series that I've gotten into... Overall, enjoyable read.

Rating: 2
oh so unremarkable
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...