Browse around and leave a comment! I don't bite. (Unless you're a troll. Trolls are tasty...)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Published September 28th 2010 by Candlewick Press
603 pages
Series: Chaos Walking #3
Source: Borrowed

Ah. Ma. Zing.

It is not often that books induce episodes of hysterical fits and render me speechless at the end. I will have to congratulate Patrick Ness on achieving that. This trilogy has been one helluva ride, and I enjoyed every single moment of it.

AJSLKDFMVILJMOIJAISODNF (Please wait as my brain restarts)

The world that Ness created is real, the character's emotions are raw. Yes, the entire book is one big war and one big attempt at peace. One would think that a war dragged out across 600+ pages would be overkill, but Ness managed to make every single page of this book worthwhile.

I have to admit -- I did cry at the end. Quite surprising actually, since this is not a particularly tear-jerker type book. But keep in mind, tears do not equate tragedy, nor do they equate happiness. Just read the dang book and find out.

Rating: 5
incomprehensibly awesome
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...