Browse around and leave a comment! I don't bite. (Unless you're a troll. Trolls are tasty...)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Monday! What'cha Readin'? (3)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey as a way to share what we read this past week with the lovely people of the interwebs. This will also be my designated random life rant meme.

A snippet of life: Today I randomly decided to contact my counselor and add an AP Statistics course to my schedule. Now I have 4 AP's: 2 math and 2 science. See what I mean when I say I'm the ultimate nerd?
#PleaseLetMeSurviveJuniorYear

This week I filled my brain with:


[4★] 離不開 by 鄭梓靈
  • I. Lurve. This. Author. Seriously, they should translate her romance novels so more people can read them. Tears are guaranteed. I have yet to read one of her books and not end up bawling like a baby.
[4.5★] Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
  • The ending was just gorgeous. Would have gotten a 5★ if the beginning hadn't been so hard to get into...
[5★] Saving June by Hannah Harrington (my review)
  • Compelling, emotional. You know the set of adjectives that go with this kind of YA contemporary. See my review for more details!
[5★] Chime by Franny Billingsley
  • Give this one a try if you love eccentric fantasy novels (like me). I stayed up until 3:30 AM on Saturday night to finish this. So. Amazing. Words cannot describe my love.
Looking at this list of super high ratings, you'd think I was one of those people who just give 5★s to everything. Heh, I totally don't. Here's a handy-dandy screenshot of my rating frequency out of 1300 ratings from my Goodreads profile.


This week has just been filled with a selection of awesome books. Such a great way to end the summer.

Right now I'm reading:


Ashfall by Mike Mullin
  • Hmm, I don't know. Haven't gotten very far, but the beginning isn't as grabby as, let's say, Chime's.
I'm going to miss this week. What an awesome reading week it was...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...