It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey as a way to share what we read this past week with the lovely people of the interwebs. This will also be my designated random life rant meme.
A snippet of life: Today I randomly decided to contact my counselor and add an AP Statistics course to my schedule. Now I have 4 AP's: 2 math and 2 science. See what I mean when I say I'm the ultimate nerd?
This week I filled my brain with:
[4★] 離不開 by 鄭梓靈
- I. Lurve. This. Author. Seriously, they should translate her romance novels so more people can read them. Tears are guaranteed. I have yet to read one of her books and not end up bawling like a baby.
- The ending was just gorgeous. Would have gotten a 5★ if the beginning hadn't been so hard to get into...
- Compelling, emotional. You know the set of adjectives that go with this kind of YA contemporary. See my review for more details!
- Give this one a try if you love eccentric fantasy novels (like me). I stayed up until 3:30 AM on Saturday night to finish this. So. Amazing. Words cannot describe my love.
Looking at this list of super high ratings, you'd think I was one of those people who just give 5★s to everything. Heh, I totally don't. Here's a handy-dandy screenshot of my rating frequency out of 1300 ratings from my Goodreads profile.
This week has just been filled with a selection of awesome books. Such a great way to end the summer.
Right now I'm reading:
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
- Hmm, I don't know. Haven't gotten very far, but the beginning isn't as grabby as, let's say, Chime's.
I'm going to miss this week. What an awesome reading week it was...